Work at Kitchen Dog
Job Title: Director of Development & Marketing
Hours: Full-time, salaried position
Reports to: Managing Director
Overview of Position
Lead the earned and contributed income efforts of Kitchen Dog Theater.
Development: Contributed Income
Goal: Develop and implement a strategic fundraising effort that will achieve the annual fundraising targets of KDT.
- Maximize gifts from subscribers and single ticket buyers.
- Develop and implement a major gifts program.
- Organize the efforts of the Managing Director, the Artistic Directors, and the Board in the assignment and management of portfolios of donors and prospective donors.
- Increase corporate giving to KDT.
- Formalize grant/underwriting program including benchmarking with other leading, national theater programs.
- Create mutually beneficial partnerships and collaborations with businesses.
- Participate in a leadership role in the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of capital campaign prospects and donors
- Participate as an active member of the strategic campaign planning and management team.
- Work closely with the Managing Director to ensure that annual and capital solicitations and communications are coordinated and mutually beneficial.
- Develop and manage cultivation, fundraising, and recognition events.
- Develop and oversee recognition and gift acknowledgement strategies.
Marketing: Earned Income
Goal: Develop and implement a strategic marketing effort that will achieve the annual earned income targets of KDT.
- Develop and implement plan to attract new single ticket buyers and subscribers.
- Implement changes to pricing structure and set discount levels to be offered.
- Allocate discounted seats to improve average ticket prices.
- Coordinate distribution of subscription packets to subscribers.
- Implement and maintain audience surveys once per year.
- Assess opportunities to increase advertising revenue in playbills.
- Manage Opening Night Parties.
Development and Marketing: Operations
- Lead the development and management of development and marketing department expense and income budgets.
- Oversee implementation of patron/donor management system.
- Supervise routine donation and tax-related correspondence.
- Participate in the development of fundraising and marketing collateral.
- Lead the recruitment and professional development of human capital in the development and marketing department.
- Staff the Chair-people of the development and marketing committees of the Board.
Ideal Applicant Qualities
- Love of the arts, preferably theater
- Fundraising experience
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Business acumen; nonprofit experience a plus
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Strong communication skills
- Outgoing and personable, easily interacts with patrons, artists and donors
- Takes initiative; self-starter
- Resourceful and goal oriented
- Computer and technology proficient
- College degree required
- Flexible, all-hands on deck attitude