Playwrights Under Progress (PUP) Fest 2018
SCRIPT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
SCRIPT DEADLINE: April 6, 2018
- Scripts must be written by students currently in grades 9-12 (no more than 2 playwrights per submission.
- Scripts must be short (between 10-15 minutes with a minimum of 10 pages ) - Longer scripts will NOT be accepted
- Scripts must be type-written - 12 font, Times New Roman or Arial font.
- Must have between one and five actors (character doubling acceptable).
- Must have Cover Page with the following information: Title of Play, Author (s) Full Name, Address, Contact Telephone Number, Current High School Attending and Current Grade Level
- Eligible playwrights MUST be available for rehearsal and performance.
- Downloand an official cover sheet at www.juniorplayer.org
PUP Fest Schedule:
June 11-16, 2018: Monday-Thursday, 1-4pm; Friday 12-5pm; Saturday 12-6pm
Please Mail/Drop Off All Scripts To:
Kitchen Dog Theater
ATTN: Pup Fest 2017
2600 North Stemmons Fwy, Suite 180
Dallas, TX 75207
Playwrights Under Progress (PUP) Fest is a unique project produced by DPAC - Dallas Playwriting Arts Collective, which is a unique partnership between Kitchen Dog Theater, Junior Players and Dallas Independent School District.
As part of the New Works Festival, PUP Fest features an afternoon of six world premiere staged readings written and performed by some of the Metroplex's finest high school talent and developed through playwriting workshops.
Seating is general admission and available on a first-come, first-serve basis. For more information, call the Junior Players office at 214-526-4076.
PUP Fest is supported, in part, by Brierley + Partners, Texas Commission on the Arts, National Endowment for the Arts, TACA, The Shubert Foundation, Dallas Independent School District, City of Dallas Office of Cultural Affairs, Booker T. Washington for the Performing and Visual Arts H.S., Junior Players and individual donors.